Grain: the silent killer of my brain (and other fun rhymes).

A new book out called "Grain Brain" says, basically, that carbs are rotting our brains.

I read an article about this book on my favorite British website, Daily Mail.  But, of course, any doctor who claims that even oatmeal -- OATMEAL --  is robbing me of my faculties would be from Florida. Naturally.

Perry is the center of the world and Florida is the hub of all weirdness.

I don't really buy the theory that having the occasional bowl of rice is going to send me into an early decline. However, if this turns out to be true, I'm in trouble.

This past weekend I traveled to the Orlando area to visit my college friend, R*, who I never talk to. Neither of us like to make phone calls. We facebook sometimes. And then once in a while we visit and have a blast and talk about the educational system and finances and how fantastic it is to put on PJs as soon as you get home from work. It works for us. Don't judge our relationship.

Another thing we do is eat. Brunch! Lunch! Snacks! Dinner! Repeat! My meals weren't particularly geared towards fruits, veggies, and lean protein sources. They were more like brioche sticky buns and cookies and sour punch straws and things. Tasty, carb-laden things.


Nom nom.


After spending a weekend binging on candy and chips, I come home to read that carbs are ruining my brain.

Oh. Buzzkill.

If that's true, as I said, I'm in trouble. But as it is, I think I'm okay. A quick, self-devised, self-administered test concludes that my sense of  logic is still pretty solid.

Q: What is your favorite number and why?
A: Blue is my favorite number because of the pretty noise it makes.

I have all the smarts and none of the stupids.

Grain brain, shmain brain. I'll be alright. Pass the bread?

*Just in case she would rather I not mention how much she loves PJ pants at 4:30 in the afternoon, I'm using an initial to protect her identity.

Comments

  1. I'm pretty positive that everything good is going to kill us... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much. So enjoy the occasional cookie and glass of wine. It's no worse than everything else.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Say something clever or complimentary. Bonus points for both at the same time!

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.