Love and marriage.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the biggest party Patrick and I have ever thrown.

Also, the day we got married.

Also, the day I ugly-cried in front of roughly 180 people.

For some of you seasoned vets, the idea of just two years of marriage makes you say, "Aww, how sweet, still newly weds. They have no idea..."

I'd like to respectfully pooh-pooh the idea that we're naive just because we're still so newly wed. Because how could we be but otherwise? Until the future arrives, knocks on our door, and politely introduces itself, we're all naive as to what's in store for us. I'm sure bad times will come for us, as they inevitably do, but I count myself blessed that we'll have several solid years of happiness under our belts to help buoy us through whatever storms come our way.

So, no, we don't have any idea what we're in for. But one idea I'm very, very clear about?
My old (young) man is my number 1 favorite thing on this planet.

--More favorite than being snooty, though he supports me in that endeavor.

--More favorite than pancakes, which he just happens to whip up at home for me and they are oh so delicious.

--More favorite than my beloved Lizzie-Loo, who only likes me marginally more than her cat food.

--And yeah, I'll say it: more favorite than this little Prune Candy that we are about to unleash on the world, because without him, this particular future bundle of screams and poop and joy wouldn't exist.

I've thought it in private and I'll say it (write it?) it in public: of all of the wonderful blessings that God has given me in my life--a wonderful family, a life in a place where I'm free to worship without fear, great friends, food and shelter--I count Patrick as the biggest blessing of all.

Y
es, this is all mushy and junk, but it's my anniversary and my Boring blog, so I get to be as mushy as I so choose. Today I choose: VERY.

In the words of Schmidt, "Know this: your caveman ideas about manhood are so over. Manhood today is about exfoliation, cheese courses, emotional honesty, and Paxil."

Paxil aside, I've clearly got one heck of a man.  Happy Anniversary to my one and only!


Look how young we used to be!

Love and rainbows and giggles to you,
xo

Comments

  1. Best blog ever. Happy anniversary to you too, Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First ever comment from my husband. This is a red letter day!

      Delete
  2. So sweet! Happy anniversary!!!
    We love you!
    George and Elisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gush away, you are entitled and may you be gushing as much in year 60!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to gush so much over the years that I cause a flood. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Happy days ahead!! P.S. - Am I reading correctly that you're expecting? And did I just "like" your FB status knowing that?? Ahhh, congrats if it's in order ;) 💟

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something clever or complimentary. Bonus points for both at the same time!

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.