Brag time.

Friends and family, I have a few things that I'm really pleased with myself about, and I'm gonna brag. Why?
 
Because. I. Can.

Saturday:
  • We successfully completed our grocery shopping despite the stupid rain. WIN.
  • Later that afternoon, I made Banana Coffee Cake and did NOT eat obscene quantities of it. WIN.
  • We (and by "we" I mean "Patrick") made a really delicious dinner for 4. It was filling and super tasty. And the whole thing probably cost us $15 in ingredients. Saved money by not eating out. WIN.

Sunday:
  • I actually cooked and ate the kale I bought the day before. For breakfast. That's an obvious WIN.
  • I didn't want to work out, but I did anyway. For a full hour. That's the first time that's happened since probably January 2013. WIN.
  • Our friends invited us over for Shepherd's Pie. I did NOT greedily and gluttonously inhale seconds, even though I badly wanted to. Why? Because I wasn't hungry any more and potatoes are carb-laden bombs of sugar spiking fury. WIN.
Today:
  • Breakfast? Oh, just a little kale with my eggs. Again. That's 2 days in a row. WIN.
  • I was thisclose to being to work on time. WIN.

What does all this mean?

 
Um, NOOOOO....
 
 
 
It means I'm a good little pregnant, gestationally-diabetic lady who shops smart and married a man who cooks, and cooks well. ALL OF THE WINS GO TO ME.

Oh, also? We unexpectedly got to see a 4D sonogram image of Prune Candy last week. I could be wrong since I don't know if those images tend to distort features or not, but it looks like the odds are in our favor of having a cute child with squishy lips and chubby cheeks. I also got a real sense of great intelligence and empathy. Winning through your kid who really you have no say-so about which genes they get but still acting like it's all a big competition and the kid is a direct reflection of how good you are as a person? Biggest WIN.

Humble (sugar-free) pie and sore glutes to you,
xo

Anyone else have any big wins this weekend? Share in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.