Morning prayer.

Every morning on the way to school and work, Sutton and I say a morning prayer. I usually get it started since, you know, I use words.

Just to get you in the "morning prayer" mood.
We say thank you for a great night of sleep and another day.

We say thank you for the food in our bellies and the roof over our head.

We ask blessings for those who are hungry, hurting, or homeless.

We ask the Lord to forgive our sins and to help us be forgiving of others.

We ask the Lord to help us, in our own little way, be His light in the world.

We ask that Sutton has a great day at school with her teachers and friends, and that Patrick and I have good days at work.

We say thank you for anything in particular that we are grateful for, or pray for anyone who lands on our hearts and minds, or ask forgiveness for anything in particular we know we've done (or not done).

We say that we pray this in the name of Jesus, our only Savior.

We say, Aaaaaamen!

I suppose I should clarify that I say all these things. Sutton says "AH! AH! Uhhh-ya! Ttthhhh. Ttthhhh. Uh-GUH!" And sometimes she spits up. But I think she's getting the idea.

Sunshine prayers and tiny baby noises to you and yours,
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Now that's my mama's style.

An experiment with punctuality: the first week.