Drama haters.

"Why did he bring that jerk to this party? He KNOWS we just broke up, and he knew I would be here. Ugh, why is he trying to cause so much drama?!"
 
"Everyone who's trying to cause drama by telling people what I said can all just kiss my [expletive]! Why don't you try to live your life instead of living through mine!"

"I'm soooo tired of the drama!"

 

 Don't you just love it? 

Surely, I'm not the only person who has noticed something about the self-proclaimed drama haters. (Should that be "haterz"? I don't know how the kids are spelling it these days.) It's something completely contradictory, which is why it amuses me so.

It is simply that those who say they hate it the most are actually it's biggest fans. But you already knew that, didn't you?


For any of you who were not already privy to that little nugget of information, I'm sorry to shatter any illusions you may have had. But, really. I dare say it is no surprise that those who are constantly drawing attention to themselves...

(We pause for a public announcement: please overlook that the obvious hypocrite who began a blog--the ultimate platform for all things attention-seeking--is blasting attention seekers. Thank you. We now return to the rest of your sentence.)

...and their personal problems on the virtual megaphone-in-the-school-auditorium that is facebook are trying a little trickery by way of reverse psychology (or something like that). It hasn't worked. We know them. We know they love drama. They simply thrive on the stuff. And that's alright, I suppose, if that's who they are. (Seems maybe those energies could be focused on something more positive, but who am I to judge? Again, overlook the lady at the computer attempting a pointless blog here.) Just own up to it. We'll be no more receptive to listening to what that dirty B said about you to her friend Mary who told Adam who told his girlfriend who everyone knows can't keep her mouth shut...

Huh? Where was I? Oh, yes. We'll be no more receptive to the interesting news they share, but at least we'll respect them (maybe? a little?) for not lying to us about how much they hate it.


And if we could find some other word to use in place of "drama" for the act of constantly blowing life's minor annoyances into World War Oh Hell No You Didn't, I'd be so grateful. It's so overused. I'm so over that word. Soooo tired of the drama.


P.S.--Happy Halloween (and All Hallows Eve) from the Head Witch In Charge of this blog!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.