Autumn is Awesome.

Here in good ol' North Florida, we're experiencing something that is quite foreign to us. It's put us in good moods. It's caused us to throw caution to the wind and open our windows so that we can FEEL the wind. Inside! Inside our houses! With the AC not running!

I think the term bandied about by Yankees (such as those in North Georgia and Tennessee) is "cool, fall weather." And it. Is. Glorious.

I don't know about all ladies in this entire U.S. of A., but I think it's not a terrible exaggeration to say that most of us gals (and the fashion-forward men) long, desperately, to wear adorable (or dashing) fall fashions. Sweaters! Scarves! The most adorable jackets! And boots. Oooohhhh, boots.

(Side note: I'm not one of the Southern proud who can wear flip flops in all weather conditions. I adore a good closed-toe shoe. My feet are frequently at a temperature somewhere between "Arctic" and "Polar Ice Caps, Pre-Global Warming." But even those brave women who flip and flop all year long still need a flat, knee-high boot in the perfect shade of tan. And a black pair. And one with a heel to wear with that cute dress you got last year that has languished in your closet because you didn't have the right shoe to wear with it. And one of those in black, too. And matching purses. But you see where this is going.)

Autumn clothing is being advertised everywhere right now, and not many of us in these parts know what the heck to do with it. I would love to layer that adorable sweater over that cute button-down. I'm going to look really, really good for all of 90 seconds before the heat flush creeps over my face. And I'm supposed to throw on that jaunty little scarf with that, too? Adorable, yes, but then I might just die from water loss due to excessive sweating. Oh, AND I'm supposed to pair that with a skinny cord and riding boot? I'm sorry. If I wanted to visit an Arizona sweat lodge, I'd have done so already. 

We want to do it, really. We just usually don't have the chance to attempt that many layers until, perhaps, January, when the trends have already changed to start focusing on Spring.

But this year, there is hope. Okay, so we might not be able to wear the elbow-patch sweater AND the blazer at the same time. But we can actually contemplate long sleeves and long pants (at the same time!) without fear of melting into puddles. Of hiding unfortunate sweat stains. Of having our makeup run off our faces while we persistently glisten like a dewy morning (only more gross) in the name of fashion. Of having to dab away the upper lip sweat-stache. 

This year I'm very optimistic.  If the weather doesn't make a bipolar swing to "ice water you can walk around in" or "hot sauna," we have a chance to try the trends! 

And for that, I declare that this Autumn, is Awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.