Happy Christmas.

I received calls. Texts. Emails. Handwritten letters and postcards. They all said the same thing:

It's been more than a week! Where are you?

At least, I'm sure that's what they would have said had you all not been too busy with the holidays to notice or care that I haven't posted in over a week.

So! How was your holiday? I hope it was merry and bright. But even if it wasn't, I hope you're doing great today, on this sixth day of Christmas

That's right. It's still Christmas. And it will be until January 6th. My true love did not get me six geese a-layin', but geese scare me so it was a pretty smart move on his part.

Here's a brief description of what my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day looked like:

Driving. Eating. Gifts. Driving back to Tallahassee. Enter church on Christmas Eve; leave on Christmas morning. Sleepiness. Christmas morning! Gifts. Eat. More driving. Eat again. More neat gifts. Eat again. Even more neat gifts. More driving. Doctor's appointment. Naps. Sleeping in. Eating. More driving. Visit with family. More driving. Movie. All the sleeps.

And here's a brief description of what I felt like this morning getting out of bed to an alarm clock:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
I loved Christmas this year. It was busy. Lots of chewing and driving and collecting torn up paper and hugging necks. I also loved how quickly I learned to sleep in. Now I'm at work (on break), reeling from having to get up before 8am, wondering why it's not already time to go home.
 
This is NOT the time to say, "Wait until you have a kid! Sleeping until 8am won't even be a possibility!" I don't need to hear that. It's not helpful, nor has it ever been helpful, to anyone ever in the history of the world or universe, amen. George Michael told me a long time ago, "Ya gotta have faith-ah, faith-ah, faith-ahhh, BAY-BAY!" So I'm having faith-ah that this kid will quickly learn to respect ol' mom and dad enough to get a solid 10-12 a night from very early on.
 
Speaking of the bambino, I'm now a mere 10 weeks away from having a jelly belly and a new roomie. This is exciting and horrifying all at once. Exciting as in, "Cool, we'll finally get to meet this kid!" and horrifying as in, "Our lives are about to change monumentally forever." Excitement and horror aside, we finally got around to getting our future new roomie a place to sleep, and his or her new ride should arrive at our doorstep today. Apparently, they're very picky about having a carseat for your kid, even if you only live like a mile from the hospital.
 
How was your Christmas holiday? Did you eat lots? Get a neat gift? Spend the whole time trying to avoid that one drunk family member? Spend at least a minute remembering the true, lasting joy of Christmas comes from the gift of God as Man to save us all, and isn't found in gifts or snow or matching reindeer sweaters?  Lemme know.

Comments

  1. I got the flu for Christmas... fun times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The always helpful reply is, "Well, at least you won't have gained any weight!" Sorry you had a cruddy time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Say something clever or complimentary. Bonus points for both at the same time!

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.