My capsule wardrobe is a little too capsuley.

Before we begin, do a search on Pinterest for "capsule wardrobe." See all those pretty pictures? Yeah, that's what I thought my closet would look like by now.

Once upon a time, I declared that I would rid my wardrobe of drab and unflattering clothes. I would only have a perfect, thoughtfully put-together closet of clothes I LOVED. In a ruthless fury of emotion, clothes went flying. Ta-ta, stupid old clothes! I'm going to get better ones! I don't need you anymore!

Only, I was pregnant at the time, so I didn't get to see, practically speaking, what I was left with. Now I'm not pregnant. And I have no clothes. Well, that's not true, I do still have some clothes--society rather insists that I keep covered in some way. My point is, it turns out that it takes more than a major purge sesh to turn one's wardrobe into a perfectly put-together capsule wardrobe. It also turns out that not replacing some of the clothes you got rid of means your capsule-wardrobe starts out a little too capsuley.

Now that the human I was hosting in my body sleeps in a crib of her own (like an angel sent from heaven), it's time that I look again at my my wardrobe. The goal: FABULOUS AND PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

Step 1: Find all the money for all the clothes.
Step 2: Buy them.
Step 3: Be and look fabulous.

In all seriousness, I do want to be thoughtful about this. I'm going to have to break out my trusty notebook and start by writing down everything I presently have in my warm-weather wardrobe... including whether or not it fits now or is likely to fit again (womp, womp!).

For example, of the three pairs of shorts I have, three of them give me serious muffin-top. If you were never good at word problems in school, the answer is: they all shrunk in the dryer while I was pregnant. Perhaps they should go in favor of something a little, er, roomier. And while I'm at it, do I need three pairs? Two would probably do the trick.

I'll keep you updated (whether you like it or not); try to contain your enthusiasm in the meantime.

Perfectly tailored outfits to you and yours,
xo

P.S. I cried this morning because today is Sutton's 4 month birthday. That's a good reason to suddenly have 30 seconds of an ugly-crumple-face-keep-the-tears-back-at-all-costs-because-you're-trying-to-put-on-makeup cry, right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.