I'm back like Britney.

'Sup, guys. It's been a little minute, right? Did you miss me?

("You've been away?" Yes, yes I have. Thanks for noticing.)

Since you're as giddy as a popular girl on yearbook day to find out how I've been, here is a brief rundown of what I've been up to since, ummm... February?

1) March: Learned that Prune Candy is a girl when she came forth unto this world after what felt like 9 eternites of pushing (acutally more like 2 hours). She's awesome and we love her like, um, a whole lot.

2) March-June: Took 3 months off work to be home with her. Learned that I definitely prioritize binge-watching various TV shows over cleaning house when a child is sleeping. Good thing I didn't quit work to stay home for good.

3) March-today: Intended to do all of the exercises. Actually did almost none of them. Still rockin' the muffin top.


Baby feet=love
4) June-today: Went back to work and put the baby in day care. (Confession: While emotional, it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be.)

I'm pretty sure there were some funny moments in the last several months that made me think, "Oh, I could write about that!" But then I decided to take a nap or watch another episode of Once Upon a Time instead.

Any-ol'-way, lack of funny or interesting news aside (well, I guess bringing forth a child unto this world is interesting, but you knew that was going to happen), this is just my little way of saying hello to whoever might be reading this--assuming anyone is still interested. I'm going to do my best to be funny and clever and witty and make shrewd observations about life. Or, ya know, not. Either way, I stand by my mission to be a reasonably pleasant way for you to kill 3-5 minutes of your lunch hour.

Flabby bellies and baby feet to you and yours,
xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Now that's my mama's style.

An experiment with punctuality: the first week.