Don't quit on me now! Oops, too late.

So, um, I'm really good at quitting.

That's my way to work around my declaration last week that I'd stop bad-mouthing myself. But I mean, it's true.

About two months ago (or more) I decided I'd start logging what I eat and what exercise I got (under my I Challenge Me to a Duel tab) in order to hold myself accountable. And it worked. It totally worked. I was getting more exercise and being more mindful of eating heathfully. Until I had a weekend out of town where I failed to log anything and just never started again.

Tee-hee--oopsie!

I've still gotten some exercise since then, but not nearly as regularly. I did a Jackie Warner workout for upper body after doing nothing but gentle pilates and was sore for nearly a week. Fo' realz.

But still, it turns out I really did need the threat of someone, anyone, catching that I haven't followed through to hold myself accountable. So here's what I'm-a gonna do: Nothing.

I'm going to let that tab languish, unvisited and unloved, until I feel like starting again. I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's my blog, and I can do what I want. Until the people start demanding to know what I'm eating and what exercise I'm getting, I'll just record it when I feel like it. It's just one of the perks of being in charge (and not having much in the way of an audience).

In the meantime, since I'm ineloquently talking about diet and exercise, I leave you with this charming way to reframe how you talk about yourself if you feel you are overweight or out of shape. It ties in nicely to my last post, too. (I didn't make this up, I saw it in an article. If I can find where, I'll source it!)

You aren't fat. You have fat. You also have fingernails but that doesn't mean you are fingernails.
 
Remember how I said I'm a purpley-blue hydrangea? Well, here's a lovely picture of me, blooming and being all zen and wise, and posting big, pretty quotes.
(image from ehow.com)

Fingernails and pointless blog posts to you and yours,
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Now that's my mama's style.

An experiment with punctuality: the first week.