Stick 'em up.

Happy stinkin' Monday, errrrbody. I hope you are all well and fine today. Have a nice weekend?

I was reasonably productive, and even managed to stick some dots on a wall.

No, seriously.

As you know, we recently moved into a new house. We'll soon start the process to buy it, and in the meantime, we're slowly starting to put our stamp, or in this case, our sticker, on the new crib. So what better room to start with than the one that actually houses a crib?

Back in our apartment, we had some candle sconces hanging on the wall that Sutton used to blankly stare at while eating. The takeaway from that was, obviously, our child loves wall treatments--she's so sophisticated--so she definitely needed something snazzy in her room at the new house so she wouldn't bad-mouth us to her school friends about our utter lack of wall decor. And don't even get her started on window treatments. 

Several weeks back, to salvage my street cred with the Under 1-Year set, I ordered some wall decal stickers with the idea that I would create this really awesome abstract pattern for the wall above the baby girl's crib. I got them from Joss and Main (remember my new addiction?) but they're from a company whose name I love, Walls Need Love. They're just 2-inch, gold polka dots, basically, and I wanted them to look like they were raining down from the ceiling.

On Sunday afternoon, inspiration (or more accurately, motivation) finally struck. While Patrick played with the a sleepy baby who refused to pass out, I got to work. I began trying to apply them in an "artistic" fashion. By that I mean that I was sticking them on the wall in no discernible pattern and it looked like crap.

So I repositioned some of them. Still looked like crap.

Well, not literally crap. But you know what I mean. It didn't look good.

I kept peeling and resticking these little boogers until I realized a pattern was emerging, something I could probably make look not like crap. Since I can't find a way to describe the pattern without boring you more than even a Boring blog should, I'll just show you the end result.


What's that you spy at the bottom? Oh, just an angel from heaven who finally fell asleep.
As you can see, the end result is some kind of chandelier inside a tent. Or something. But I think it looks pretty good considering I had no solid plan going into this and eyeballed the whole thing. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close.

The crib was still in the middle of the room (I was waiting until the baby woke up to move it back against the wall) but even from this picture you can probably guess that the long sides of my tent thingy don't quite meet the top of the crib. I'm debating spacing the dots out ever so slightly or simply ordering more and polka dotting our entire house. What do you think?

It's hard to tell, but the walls are a soft purple (Behr's Lilac Champagne, in case you're desperate to know), but the ceiling is still a clashy off-white. Painting it a nice, crisp white is on the list of things to do.

Also on the list is:
paint the entire house
redo all flooring
update all electrical and add some more outlets
update all lighting and add some more
finish the unfinished room
paint kitchen cabinets and replace rusty fridge
all the many more things
do everything at no cost to us

I think we'll get there, no sweat... maybe not that last item.

Wall decals and abstract design fails to you and yours,
xo


So, what do you think? Does it look okay? Is my child the sweetest most precious baby you've ever only gotten partial glimpses of? Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Have you seen a gorilla make love, Bruno?