Yogurt: The Followup.

As it turns out, no one is overly interested in how my homemade yogurt turned out.

TOO BAD.

I'm going to tell you all about it anyway.

Oh come on, quit your whining. Fine, I'll keep it short: it worked.

It was a little runny, but it was definitely yogurt. I'm going to have to tweak my process a little to get that nice thick consistency I want, but otherwise, I think I can now add making yogurt to my list of "Things I Do For Reasons I'm Not Entirely Clear About."

See? That wasn't too painful, was it? So, how was your weekend? Here's how my Boring weekend went:

Friday night:
Dinner and a drink with a handsome fella at The Front Porch thanks to the very sweet gift card given to us by the Blazin' Blaises.

Saturday:
Attempt to sleep in. Fail miserably.
Chase cat off my pillow (where she sits at best advantage to repeatedly poke me in the head) and get up. Coffee, coffee, coffee.
Farmers market, seafood market. Home.
Back out to grocery store. Home.
Back out to Home Goods. Buy new dishes. Home.
Fail to understand why Patrick isn't more excited about my new dishes.
Change clothes. Go to our friend's house for drink at the Bull Pen before we all go to dinner.
Shula's for our good buddy's Dirty Thirty. Enjoy the food, cry at the receipt. Go upstairs and hang out in the VIP section at Level8. (That's how we roll.)
Realize it's midnight and we have church in the morning. Remark how old we are. Home.
Fall asleep with a quickness.

Sunday:
Use Herculean strength to get out of bed.
Church.
Make lunch for my parents. (Or, sit with my parents while Patrick makes lunch.)
Downtime. Blessed, blessed downtime.
Evening class at church.
Home.
Asleep by 9:30.


Last week I asked what could be more boring than yogurt. I think with this post, I may have answered my own question. Sorry y'all. I'll try to step it up next time! Happy Tuesday.

PS--If anyone actually cares about the steps I took, I did go through the trouble of taking some pics of the process. Let me know and I can post 'em up and make all your lives a little more Plain (like the yogurt I made) or Boring (like me).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Now that's my mama's style.

An experiment with punctuality: the first week.