Boring is as Boring does.

Boring is as Boring does... or, rather, Boring isn't as Boring doesn't.

I haven't had much going on lately, which is why, I suppose, there hasn't been a post for a number of days. Plus, have I ever mentioned I'm lazy? Writing is, like, such a thing, ya know? Yet, I started this darned blog, so I suppose I really ought to keep up with it, huh? And since the blog name indicates that I think Boring, everyday stuff can be fun, I ought to try to work some storytelling magic and make my Boring days sound as completely delightful as possible.

A tall order. I take solace in the fact that 3 people regularly read this and at least 30% of the time, they find my posts to be an acceptable way to pass 3-5 minutes of their time.

Alright, so here's the 4-1-1.

I have finally accomplished something to which many aspire, but never achieve: perfection.

Okay, that's a blatant lie. I'm not even sure why I said it. Sorry y'all.

But I did spend the last few days being a total domestic goddess (insert hair flip here). I:
  • sewed two buttons onto my coat and a button onto a pair of Patrick's pants.
  • made a second batch of yogurt with MUCH better results. (I promised my cousin Jen that I will have a post up about that soon...ish. I'll get to it, promise!) It's delicious, creamy, and about half the cost of the brand we usually buy at the store, so that's an obvious win, unless you don't care about yogurt, in which case you may be thinking, "ENOUGH ABOUT YOGURT!!!!!"
  • whipped up a fantastic dinner in next to no time for the mister and myself. (Fine. It was tacos. I all had to do was cook and season beef. But I seasoned that beef like it was my job, son!)
  • made it to the farmers market and the fishmongers stall (aka the seafood store; I really like the word fishmonger, so that's what I choose to use) a second weekend in a row.
  • stuck to our plan of using cash to buy all our groceries for a third weekend in a row.
Hmm. Those things may not a domestic goddess make, but I was rather pleased with myself.


Lenten vows update:
I did decide to give up all the hooch for Lent. Yesterday, I commented to Patrick, "I've gone almost a full week without alcohol." Pause. "That makes me sound like an alcoholic."

I've already messed up 3 times on my plan to not cuss, but I have become much more mindful of my language, which was part of the idea anyway. I still count it as an overall success (one whole week in--wow, right?).

Technically, Sundays are Feast days which means whatever sacrifice you've made isn't done on Sunday. Nevertheless, I've decided it's not in anyone's best interest for me to spend Sundays downing Vodka Tonics and white wine while dropping little verbal bombs left and right. Holding my drink(s) aloft, calling out, "It's a Feast day, Snitches!" would most likely (and by that, I mean MOST CERTAINLY) be looked down upon in church, so...

Best to just avoid that whole scene.


In other news:
Tomorrow, my daddy turns 60 years old. Those parents of ours just grow up too fast! If you know my dad, you know he's a special fellow with a strict aversion to having tidy hair. He's also smart, dry and sarcastic, a lover of plants and especially Tom-atoes, and he's where I get many of my charming and adorable lazy tendencies from. I don't think he has a clue that I even write this blog (I'm not sure I've told either of my parents... huh), but still, I'm very excited to be able to wish ol' Tom a very happy 60th!

And while I'm at it, happy (belated) birthday to my cuz-in-law Bruce Norgren! Two months from today, Patrick, myself, our cousin Josh are hopping a plane to Cali to visit Bruce and Kristin, and we're crossing our fingers that they don't force feed us quinoa and tofu in the name of "experiencing the West Coast"!

I hope you didn't start this post out with high expectations, because they surely weren't met. Happy Tuesday, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Now that's my mama's style.

An experiment with punctuality: the first week.