The haps.

WHERE IS SHE?!

I know. You've been desperately wondering where I've been. "What's been the (Boring) haps, little lady?" You've asked, and yet I have not answered.

Well, sorry guys. I've been busy at work, working overtime and junk. That means when I get home, I'm not really eager to spend any more time staring at a computer than I've already done for the day. Really, ten or eleven hours is enough. (I've heard that Eight is Enough, too.)

However, I'll take a minute of my extremely valuable time (I italicized it to emphasize how extreme the value of my time is) to give you a little recap of what's been going on lately.

1. My dad has a talent, lately discovered, for falling and banging the s*^% out of himself. This week he has a seriously hurt (possibly broken) collarbone, banged up shoulder, hand, elbow, chest, etc. What happened? "I was carrying a bucket of dirt." Oh, and he tripped over something while carrying a bucket of dirt down some steps off the back porch. And fell. Hard.

Oh, and he says he doesn't want to go to a doctor.

Men.

(Say a prayer this one man in particular starts feeling better soon.)

Oh, and he intended to start planting a garden this weekend. Guess who is now making a trip to her parents' house to put some plants and seeds in the dirt while working on a DELICIOUS farmers tan?

(And guess who has the kindest husband in the world, who didn't even grumble when I asked him to change our plans this weekend to help my dad out so all his plants don't whither and die and all the money he's put into them doesn't go to waste since growing and selling plants is kind of how he's making some cash now?)

(Me. They're both me. Patrick rocks.)

2. A wedding! Yep, we went to another one this weekend. It was a lovely ceremony. The priest gave a great homily. And yes, if you picked up on the word "homily" as opposed to "sermon" or "talk," then you may have correctly guessed it was a Catholic ceremony. If you don't know what that means, I'll explain in the simplest way. The wedding was at 3:00pm. We were NOT the last to leave the party at 10:00pm.

If you are wondering, yes, I still got up and went to church the next day with a minimum amount of complaining. But when we got there, everyone was talking so much. I asked Patrick, "Is it always this loud in here?" He kind of laughed or smirked and said, "That's just you."

Harrumph.

3. Baby shower! I went to a baby shower for my good friend at her coworker's house. The house: amazing. The nibbles: amazing. The goodies the mama-to-be got: amazingly adorable.

4. SPENT ALL THE MONIES. Yeah, I may or may not have been into Marshall's three times in two weeks. It's so hit or miss in there, but when it's a hit, I usually hit it big. And then I go back to return half of the stuff I bought because I shouldn't have spent the money in the first place. And then after I return that stuff, I browse the store and buy more stuff. (It's a vicious cycle. BUT I LOVE MARSHALL'S SO HARD.)

In situations where you have definitely, definitely exceeded your budget, as I rarely sometimes almost always do, you have to do a Clothing Triage.

I looked at the shirts, jackets, dresses, and pants I bought (yes--multiples of each) and had to narrow down to the most versatile pieces. It's hard, but it's kind of nice to be able to try your goods on at home with the stuff you already own to figure out, "Oh, hey, I already have five blue shirts. I don't need two more. Back they go."

A fun thing about making returns is that you get money back. Right back into your account! Like it never even left! You almost feel like you're making money... almost.



So that's all I can think of for right now. But allow me to wish you all a day of rainbows, butterflies, and frolicking through meadows. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Now that's my mama's style.

An experiment with punctuality: the first week.