Happy April! Now, about Christmas.

I can't help it. I just adore the Christmas season. I get giddy thinking about it.

Knowing full well I'll get a collective "DUH" from all of you, I'll go ahead and roll out that tired old line: However much I love Christmas, I do not like all the stress of the holidays.

(Yes, now is the time to say it. DUH.)

But you don't care if I love Christmas in April. You want to know why the frank I'm writing about Christmas in April.

IT'S APRIL, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

It's not my fault. Promise. I was thinking perfectly Boring thoughts while browsing the interwebs, when I stumbled across an article about creating a plan to start prepping for Christmas now so that this year, I won't have to be in debt to my eyeballs and stressed out during what should be a joyful season.

Then I immediately created a document called  "Christmas 2013" listing the people I know at present I'll need to shop for and started trying to jot down some ideas.

Then I went to pinterest and started looking at gift and decoration ideas.

And then I started thinking, "Gosh, how am I going to decorate this year? Should I go with more pastel colors or stick with my silver and gold?"

And then I thought, "Whoa girl. It's only April."

And then I thought, "But it's already April! Wasn't it just New Years Day? This year will fly by!"

And then I thought, "Wow, I really need someone besides myself to have conversations with."

Which, naturally, led me to my next thought, "Well, I may as well have this one-sided conversation online so people can laugh at me."

And that leads us to the present moment, in which you are fired up to start setting aside money, creating a list, and keeping an eye out for deals and ideas. Or, the alternative present moment in which you are rolling your eyes at me. Either way is fine, but if you need some Christmas gift ideas for your most favorite, Boring blogger, I'm happy to oblige! I'll pretend to be surprised come December--promise!

(And lest you think I'm overlooking the most major Christian holiday of the year--Happy Belated Easter!)

Comments

  1. I can relate to feeling that the year is speeding by! I remember one year when I was genuinely concerned in July because I wasn't in the Christmas spirit yet...in July. It took me voicing this to others to step back from the ledge. I'm happy to report the spirit kicked in on schedule after Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, Christmas in July is a real thing! If you had talked to me, I would have helped you get that spirit, Mister. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something clever or complimentary. Bonus points for both at the same time!

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.