Try, try again. Or not. Maybe tomorrow.

Confession: It's been about 2 months since I last worked out.

Okay, here and there have been some random moments of squatting, a push-up or 3, or a few curls with the dumbbell. And I'm still standing at work, so that's something, right? Oh yeah, I totally worked out mid-vacation (which you haven't heard about yet, because I'm slow as molasses on a winter's day at writing about my vacation), and that counts, like, triple or quadruple at least.

But, still, for 2 months there have been no regular workouts. Yesterday, I decided it was time to change that. My plan, my resolution, was to get back on my regular schedule of working out in the mornings.

I always book my workouts in my calendar so that:
a) I don't have to decide which workout I "feel" like doing. (Hint: the answer is, "None of them.") Just do the one that's already marked down for the day.

b) If I skip a workout, I delete it from my calendar after the fact. That way I can look back and say, "Oh, so I only worked out once last week? I would have sworn I got in at least 7 workouts. Darn it."

c) I can look back, see that I worked out 4 or 5 times last week and pat myself on my (toned and shapely) shoulder.

And yes, shoulders can be shapely. Is "bony" a shape?

So, I logged on to my calendar and scheduled my workouts for the rest of the month. Start date: today, June 5. 

After dinner last night, I made sure I had my workout clothes set out and ready to go. Before crawling into bed, I set my alarm for 5:30am, and fell asleep with a smug grin on my face, knowing I was NOT going to fail today.

Cut to scene: This morning. 5:30am. The alarm went off and I jumped out of bed! I walked to that alarm and, though I considered hitting snooze, I didn't. Instead, I turned it off...

...then I reset it for 6:30am and turned it back on.  I turned around, walked back to bed, laid down, and fell back asleep with smug smile on my face, knowing that TOMORROW, I will not fail.


Comments

  1. I love that Jackie is noted on your workout calendar. I can still hear her smug comments and jokes...telling me I CAN make it up that mountain. What mountain?? I'm facing the floor and I'm out of breath.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something clever or complimentary. Bonus points for both at the same time!

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.