Mama peas.

In case none of you know, I have a niece, Natalie, who is the sweetest, goofiest kid I know. She's also extremely adorable, as is any relative of mine. Clearly, I'm not biased. My sister occasionally sends me texts with one-liners from NatNat giving me some conversation highlights, and I've had some really delightful conversations with the kiddo myself, too.

Here are my favorite Natalieisms, as I remember them (which are likely incorrect, as my brain is like a sieve). My sister could surely correct me.

1.) When about aged 3 or 4, watching a singer on TV (national anthem at a ballgame, maybe?), telling my sister, that the singer's shoes were cute, but she did not like her hair or dress. They were not cute.

2.) Around that same age, in Marshall's while going through the shoes, she tells me she thinks something is cute, and her Mama would think it was cute, too, "But it's, um, it's not really my Mama's style." She was very into "cute" outfits.

3.) Aged 6. My sister discovered that she loved making a salad with endamame (soy beans). Natalie wanted my sister to make some, "enda--, uh, emada--, uh, mama peas."

I now only eat Mama Peas. Not Endamame.

4.) When she was a toddler and learning to talk, Uncle Patrick, being best good friends with Natalie's daddy as well as my sister, used to have dinner with them most Friday nights. He would be having a drink, and she'd reach for his drink saying, "Juice. Juice."
"No, no, baby, this is Uncle Pat's juice." She heard it enough that she learned "Uncle Pat juice" is a grown-up drink.

One time, she whispered this big, exciting secret to Uncle Pat: "Hey, Uncle Pat, guess what. Sometimes my mama drinks Uncle Pat juice!!!"

To this day, she'll sometimes refer to alcoholic beverages as Uncle Pat juice, and I'm told that several of her little friends have done so, too.

5.) Aged 5. At a wedding, she was off in a corner doing a dance for me (kids love to entertain), and singing a song. "I love you ten buckets full. My hair is fabulous."

If only we all had that kind of love and confidence!

6.) Aged either 5 or 6. Having lunch at my parents house, Uncle Patrick opted to have a glass of milk. She asked him, "Why are you drinking milk?"
"Why am I drinking milk? Because it's delicious and I love it."
"But boys don't drink milk."
"Yes they do!"
Giggling at his stupidity, "No, they don't!"

7.) The best one ever was a note she wrote for me.

In case you can't read that, it says, "Dear Aunt Becca I love you and you are my favorite Aunt Love Natalie"


AAAWWWWWWWW.  She's my favorite niece, too.

I love her. The end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.