Year in Review: 2015

It's that time of year! You know--the end of it.

Naturally, what I'm supposed to do is recap how my year was.

Here you go: COOL.

Have a nice 2016!
You don't buy balloons to say bye to YOUR year? Rude.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Okay fiiiinnnneeee. I'll write a little something else. 

In order from start of the year to the end (clever way I've come up with to organize this list of events, don't you think? Start to finish? Man, I'm good at blogging), here are a few highlights of my Boring, Fun 2015:

Celebrated 3rd wedding anniversary
Celebrated Sutton's 1st birthday with a Button Bash
Easter
Consistently exercised and started to get abs
Got knocked up again and lost abs
Sutton's first trip to the beach (SO MUCH SUNSCREEN)
Dad went through radiation for prostate cancer (treatment successful)
Mom had "nose job" to remove skin cancer (treatment successful)
Ate all the food
Patrick had appendix removed
Did not get the gestational diabetes
Ate more of the food
Christmas
This blog post

Sure, sure, I could probably have mentioned a few of these things along the way. Like I never mentioned my dad's diagnosis. It was kind of scary (play things down, much, Rebecca?), but things are all good now. And my mom's skin cancer--well, this is Florida. It's a big deal, but it's not unusual for someone to have a skin cancer removed. Of course, those things coinciding wasn't cool, but the successful outcomes were.

There have been other neat little goings-on. Like, I played bunco for the first time. We FINALLY bought a new refrigerator to replace our old rust bucket that came with the house. Patrick started painting our baby blue kitchen. I pulled out some chalk paint I bought in late 2014 because I was finally going to paint these old end tables... and then the chalk paint got put back up and the tables are still unpainted.

Lots of action, yeah?

If I may be serious for a moment (yes, I may--you have no say so over this content!), I have to say how extremely grateful I am to have enjoyed this year the way I have:

With family who loves me no matter how weird, lazy, or thoughtless I may be.
With great friends who also like me for reasons I'm not always sure about.
With a great church.
In a home that we own (or, we are paying for, anyway).
With a working car.
With good jobs.
With a daycare for our child that we trust and like.
Without fear of hunger or constant fear for safety.
With freedom.
With health.
With God, who thankfully always takes me more seriously than I take him. (That's the real constant struggle.)

I won't say, "God has been good to me this year!" or "I've been blessed this year!" because that might imply that I only think He's been good or I've been blessed because I've had a "good" year--good health outcomes, baby on the way, no one lost their job, etc. But He is good all the time (I know this because, sing with me now, "...the Bible tells me soooooo"). And I'm pretty sure the Bible says something about "Blessed are the poor, the meek, the sick..." I'm just paraphrasing, but I think it means His blessings extend beyond,"You can afford an overpriced Coton Colors platter and you lost 5 pounds." (Not that those aren't great, but you know what I mean.)

Instead, I just want to reiterate that I'm very grateful to have had the year I've had, and I pray I never take a "good" year--or a good month, week, or day--for granted.

And I'm thankful for you--ALL FIVE OF YOU--for still reading this crap that I very infrequently churn out and, evidently, finding it amusing or something. Makes this old gal feel just swell. Just swell!

Here's to having a great 2016.

Farewell 2015 balloons and novelty 2016 glasses and sprinkle cupcakes to you and yours,
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.