Why my child won't be meeting Santa.

Oooooooo, you've been gone for weeks and now you come rolling back in here with a dicey topic like this?

Yeah, you know me. Super controversial and stuff.

So, if you haven't noticed, it's been a little minute since I've posted. Why? No good reason. I've just not been in the mood to write lately. I tell myself I should and I really ought to do something, but then, instead, I don't.

Because I am dedicated to success!

Anyway, yeah, that post title is supposed to be all attention-grabby. It's supposed to make you think, "OMG, is she about to judge me? I need to read this so I can berate her."

Or.

"OMG, she's going to help me judge people. I need to read this so I can agree with her and feel validated in my own choices."

Either way, I'm pleased to let you know that you'll ALL be disappointed! Yes, folks, that's right. I sucked you all in with a misleading post title just to say, Hi. I'm still here. Hope you're doing great.

And, for the record, my child isn't meeting Santa this year because I don't feel like finding one, driving there, and waiting in line to "introduce" my baby to someone she doesn't understand, much less care about, just for a picture. Yes, it would be super cute and precious if I did, but I honestly just don't care that much. (Besides, I get to see cute and precious every day... and I'm not just talking about my reflection! Ziggy-ZOW!)

How I roll in life is how I roll in parenthood. Do the minimum required to not be shunned. Sutton is too young to shun me. You aren't, but we're friends so you'll shake your head about how odd I am and forgive me in the hopes that I'll say funny things sometimes.

(But seriously--you were hoping to do some judging today, weren't you?)

Christmas sprinkles and judgey-side-eye,
xo

Comments

  1. Shoot, I was looking forward to feeling smug about my position on Santa.
    Just one question -- will "Santa" have Diet Coke and peanuts on Christmas Eve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if Mrs. Claus is pregnant and temporarily diabetic--which she isn't, for the record.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something clever or complimentary. Bonus points for both at the same time!

Popular posts from this blog

Now that's my mama's style.

SpaPeggy and Meatballs.

Love and marriage.